Who is fish oil for?
Fish oil supplements provide a wide variety of health benefits. Thus, they’re incredibly useful for the general population and can help everyone from athletes to sedentary individuals.Bodybuilders and physique athletes find fish oil intriguing due to potential body composition benefits, but almost anyone looking to support overall health may be interested in the fine fats from fish oil. Fish oil contains essential fatty acids (EFAs) that have been shown to offer myriad benefits. Since they’re the most widely researched and important, we’ll focus here on two essential Omega 3 fatty acids: EPA and DHA.These fatty acids are termed “essential” because we need them for proper function, but our bodies cannot produce them. Thus, we must obtain them through food or supplements.While there are a number of EFA supplements, such as flax and other oils, fish oil is one of the finest sources available.
Here is why you want to include it in your diet daily
The Poliquin Group reports that;
1. Fish oil can help you loose body fat
2. Allows for better insulin sensitivity, which is a principle factor in weight loss.
3. Can help you build muscle. They refer to a study that found that fish oil at 4 grams a day increased protein synthesis, producing a significant muscle building effect.
4. Fish oil will decrease inflammation, as it lowers cortisol, a major cause of inflammation.
5. Improved insulin Sensitivity and Metabolism. This is because it gets incorporated into the cellular lipid layer, which allows receptors to bind more easy with insulin. Once insulin is bound, its purpose is to shuttle glucose from dietary carbs into the muscles to be stored and used as energy later. If insulin can’t bind easy, it elevates cortisol, causes inflammation, and the overall result is that you get fat